- Instructor: Christopher To
Date: 20 June 2023 (Tuesday) Time: 9:30am–12:45pm Language: English Level: Elementary
Speaker: Christopher To, Barrister-at-Law, Gilt Chambers
Lawyer CPD / ACCA CPD / SFC CPT / Insurers’ CPD Pts: 3 Fee: HK$1,790
Highlight: Mediation is becoming more and more prominent in society. The facilitative mode of conducting mediation has been used extensively in Hong Kong and some advocates believe that this form of mediation has its drawbacks and are actively advocating for the evaluative mode of conducting a mediation. The seminar will focus on the following areas. (Fulfill CPD requirement in family and /or general mediation training under the Mediation Administration Scheme of the Law Society)
– What is facilitative mode of conducting a mediation? What is evaluative mode of conducting a mediation?
– What are the difference between the two modes of conducting a mediation?
– Benefits and risks associated with the two modes of conducting a mediation;
– Should the two modes be used interchangeably throughout the mediation?
– What concerns should one be aware of in adopting the evaluative mode of mediation?
– When to evaluate? How to evaluate? What form should the evaluation take?
– What to do when the evaluation by the mediator is different from the client’s independent legal opinion?
– What areas should one be aware when preparing for evaluative mediation?
– What role should the Solicitor adopt when in the evaluative mode of conducting a mediation?