- Instructor: Judith Sihombing
- Duration: 210 minutes
Date: 09 February 2023 (Thursday) Time: 2:00pm – 5:45pm Language: English Level: Intermediate
Speaker: Judith Sihombing, Adjunct Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Lawyer/Trainee Solicitor/Foreign Lawyer Other Professionals’ Elective RME &CPD Points: 4
- The contract, its formation and terms, including limiting clauses
- Details of the title, and the DMC
- Third party rights – so questions of the bare trust
- Registration and its effect – including third party registration
- Investigation of the title – has there been a breach of the GL/CS? could there be a “real risk” of enforcement against the P? has the owner been formally identified? what of third party claims? what of Prest v Petrodel situations?
- Queries about easements, ROWs, persons in possession, etc
- Requisitions and dispute about the answers – the VP summons
- The terms of the Assignment
- who will excuse the deed?
- The form of the completion
- The post-completion and closing of the file.
Remark: All eligible lawyers including partners, sole proprietor, consultants, assistant solicitors, foreign lawyers and trainees should take at least 3 Elective RME points each year. All solicitors can have 4 CPD points per seminar. However, we will give the priority to all eligible solicitors in obtaining elective RME points and CPD points.