- Instructor: Stephen Gallagher
- Duration: 3 hours
Date: 22 August 2022 (Monday) Time: 2:30pm–5:45pm Language: English Level: Elementary
Speaker: Stephen Gallagher, Professor of Practice in Law, Associate Dean (Academic & Student Affairs), the Faculty of Law, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Lawyer CPD / ACCA CPD / SFC CPT / Insurers’ CPD Pts: 3 points Fee: HK$1,790
This three-hour seminar will consider the management duties, powers and liability of trustees. The traditional management duties and consequent powers will be discussed and possible liability for failing to perform these duties, breaching any applicable duty of care and/or acting in excess of powers. The remedies available for such breaches will be considered. The seminar will conclude with discussion of defences that may be available to trustees.
Some of the topics considered in this seminar include:
– The nature of trusteeship
– Becoming a trustee (and perhaps not knowing that you are);
– The management duties of trustees;
– The powers of trustees;
– Acting outside trustee powers;
– The duty of care;
– Breach of duty of care;
– Remedies for breach of trustee’s duties;
– Defences that may be available to trustees.