- Instructor: Lau Wan Ching
- Duration: 3 hours
Date: 17 December 2022 (Saturday) Time: 9:30am–12:45pm Language: Cantonese delivery with English materials Level: Elementary
Speaker: Lau Wan Ching, Barrister-at-law, Accredited Mediator, Gilt Chambers
Lawyer CPD / ACCA CPD / SFC CPT / Insurers’ CPD Pts: 3 points Fee: HK$1,790
New Territories make up a notable portion of land with development potential and playing an important role in boosting land supply for economic development and housing in Hong Kong.
In this seminar, we will highlight recent update legal development and court cases related to land Law and conveyancing in New Territories, for example, adverse possession, Tso/Tong land which is widely considered strategic to the proposed new metropolis in the northern New Territories, New Territories Ordinance (Cap. 97), small house policy and other relevant statutes regarding succession law relevant to title to land in Hong Kong etc. Also, some practical note for legal proceeding will be discussed in this seminar.
Course Outline includes:
• Gist of legal system in Hong Kong and overview of litigation procedures relating to land matters
• Relevant legal issues and recent case law and developments related to adverse possession and Limitation Ordinance (Cap. 347) in Hong Kong
• Relevant legal issues and/or recent case law and developments related to New Territories Ordinance (Cap. 97) and Tso/Tong land; small house policy
• Relevant legal issues and/or recent case law and developments related to law of succession and probate practices related to title of land in Hong Kong